Saturday, August 05, 2006

Love Bites! p.3

And so it was, that I found myself at 19 alone, pregnant, and with morning sickness that lasted 24/7. After I ended up hospitalized from dehydration and too weak to go anywhere, I decided it was time to cut my losses and EGAD! Move back in with my mother. She took pretty good care of me, always urging me to try to eat a little, try to drink a little bit more. I would ride my bicycle the couple of miles to my mom's boyfriend's house to use his computer, daily emailing Drake and begging him to take me back. Always the response was the same; cold, hateful, spiteful. I was scared to death at the prospect of raising this kid by myself.

On a cold, windy day in April, my son was born. I called Drake from the hospital to tell him about Brandon, but he didn't say anything. Not a single word. Two weeks later, I filed for divorce. A court date was set for August, the day after my 20th birthday.

It was about a month and a half after Brandon was born that Max's parents saw me working at Target. We exchanged pleasntries, and they told me that Max and Darla were living near Kansas City; Max had a job working as a concessions manager for the Royals. I knew he would have loved that. Max loved baseball. Max loved all sports, really. It was something we did not have in common; I am about as fond of sports as Ghandi was of war. But I was glad to hear he was doing something he enjoyed. And Darla was pregnant again. Their first child together was a boy; this one was, too. Wow. A kid every year.

It was the end of June when I got the phone call. I was walking out the door from Target late one night, and the phone rang. It was for me. It was Max! He said that he kept thinking about how we never got any closure from our relationship, and would I be willing to meet him in three hours out at the lake, to talk? YES!

We talked about hings for a good many hours. The moon was growing heavy in the sky when he finally kissed me. His and Darla's relationship was pretty well over; she had been screwing around on him with a couple of swingers she met on the internet. My relationship with Drake was dead and gone. Would I be willing to see him again the next night? Definately!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home