Saturday, August 05, 2006

Love Bites!

When it was a half hour after he was supposed to pick me up from work, I started to panic. Where was he? I tried calling our apartment...no answer. So, I began walking. It was a long walk home, hot, tiring, and I was worried. Had something happened?

He arrived not too long after I got home. "I'm leaving", he said, his voice steady, his eyes cold. I didn't want to believe it. "Where?" I asked, already knowing the answer. "Texas. I've already got a job lined up" he said, nonchalantly, my heart breaking. "When?" I asked. "Now", he replied "The car is already packed up". The goddamn car. His car. Our only mode of transportation.

I watched him leave, car packed so full that he couldn't see out the back. The sun was setting in the sky, and I felt like my life was over. I went back inside, went to our room, and cried until I couldn't cry anymore.

So this was it? This was what I left home for? No more safety or security, stuck without a vehicle in a town with no public transportation? How was I going to get to work and to school? How was I going to get my son to his doctor's appointments? How was I going to heal this shattered heart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home